In case of adverse weather conditions in the new year please familiarise yourself with our school procedures
- Look at the school website (www.aintreedavenhill.net), check for Parentmail, e-mails and texts or listen to Radio Merseyside, City FM, Real Radio or Dune FM. The school will use all of these to publish its decision to close. If there is no information this means that the school will be open.
- Try to avoid ringing the school. Staff may be very busy.
- If we decide that it is safe to open, children should not arrive before 9am (this is because staff may be late). If school paths need gritting, we may decide to use only one entrance. Notices will be displayed on gates.
- Don’t worry about arriving late. There will be no “late book” in operation on these occasions.
- If the school closes pupils have access to remote learning via Sumdog.com and links on the school website.
During the school day
Should the Head decide it is necessary to close the school during the day; parents will be contacted via text and telephone to collect their child. Children will be kept safe in school until parents can collect them. If parents are delayed due to the adverse weather conditions, they should contact the school as soon as possible to give an anticipated arrival time.
Parents must consider their own safety, traffic congestion and safety of others in these circumstances.